This project runs from November 1 through November 21!
Feed a Family is a CrossWalk outreach project that aims to show love to Laveen and South Phoenix by feeding 1,000 + people around Thanksgiving.
How it works:
- CrossWalk attendees and members bring food items to the Resource Center tent at CrossWalk Church or donate money so items can be purchased.
- CrossWalk's Local Outreach Team works with local schools to identify families in need. Families in need sign up for a meal through their child's school. CrossWalk volunteers communicate with the families that sign up for a meal.
- CrossWalk volunteers shop, package, and deliver the meals to the homes of the families the week of Thanksgiving.
How you can get involved:
Please fill out the form below. We will contact you and provide you with all the information you need.
- Bring items to the Resource Center tent at CrossWalk any Sunday through November 19. Food items are: Frozen turkeys, frozen pies, canned vegetables, instant mashed potatoes.
- Donate money towards food items. $20 feeds one family. Our goal is to feed 200 families. Write "Feed a Family" on your giving envelope or give online. Select "Outreach".
- Shop for food items. (Shopping happens as needed from now through November 22)
- Call families and coordinate delivery schedules- Bilingual speakers needed!
- Package meals
- DELIVER MEALS- (November 20 and/or 21) We ask for as many delivery volunteers as possible! This is the heart of the project and is extremely impactful...and fun!